Book, Movie, and website reviewers for the “KCLS Voice” newsletter
- Goal: Provide our Local 1857 members with informative and entertaining resources about union life. Tasks: Read or view a book, movie, or website, write a review (we’ll provide guidelines), and send to the newsletter editor.
- Who is Needed: Any interested Local 1857 member! Experience reviewing or writing-for-publication not necessary (we’re all just learning!).
- Time Commitment: Depends on item reviewed, the reviewer, and the number of reviewers in the group. One reviewer/review needed for each issue.
- Meetings: All work is by email.
- Misc: A list of suggested books, movies, and websites will be provided; reviewers are welcome to look for items outside the list.
- Contact: Stanley Brooks 206-354-9834
Members for the Communications Committee
- Goal: To develop the Union’s communication network and discuss problem-solving and inspire more Union participation.
- Tasks: Various; some members choose to work on specific activities (newsletter, website, participation, media,alerts – either alone or in groups. All participate in meetings and email discussion, offering ideas, insights, opinions, etc.
- Who is needed: Anyone interested in participating is welcome.
- Contact: Elijah Morgan